C++ Emulator :
- Islam Ibrahim
- Anas Awad
- Ahmed Sakr
- Project idea based on emulating C++ language and implement features of text editors(Syntax highlighting ,word wrapping ..etc)
Project Features :
- Text Editor Features
- C++ syntax Highlighter
- Basic features ( create project , Open , Remove ,…..etc)
- Emulator Features
- this C++ Emulator can run C++ Code till recursive functions (loops , nested loops , if & switch statements ,nested if , arrays , functions ,
- some libraries such as and are involved ,that support built in functions.
- Programming language : Java, You can find the source code (here)
- about syntax highlighter : after implementing lexical analyzer for using programming language , I’ve implemented a syntax highlighter that highlights each token based on its type if keyword or string literal……. etc.
- about concepts of emulating you can find them Here
- if your written code contains “cin” and you opened the console and didn’t enter the required data , the console will crash if you try to open it again.
- If your code contains error and you run it for another time the console will not be editable.
all if these problems just in first version.
- We Hope in next version we finish implement of some features of text editor such as indentation.
Project Experience Acquired:
- learn more about Compilers “How to build compiler or interpreter”.
- I’ve implemented lexical analyzer and Parse tree.
- Make me interested in new area which is programming languages Industry and Engineering compilers.
- How to apply OOP , OOA and OOD concepts.
Certifications : this project is certified from Dr.Gahada Nasr and got 2nd place with another project implemented by (Bassem Modar , Karim Magdy , Noran abo Doma , Hagar el Fiky) rest of our team members.
Thank You :
- Dr.Ghada Nasr .. OOP course instructor ..
- Dr.Mohammed Samy .. Teacher Assistant in my college .. His videos about interpreters were really helpful.
- Mohammed Hesham .. (acmASCIS) president .. he directed me to the starting point.
- Noran , Bassem , Hagar, karim … The rest of team members they were working on (connect4 with 3D) graphics.
Thanks all of you, You were really helpful.
_This is my first post on my blog . I released it in 30/6/2011 “2nd year vacation”
_Why did I release this blog?
- I’m interested in sharing knowledge , Science inspiring me , and I love research … so, I decided to do this to help people and share knowledge as I can.
- I’ll be happy if people share me my future plans and suggest me what can I do in my future steps?!
- I have my own thoughts need to be shared.